Friday, March 19, 2010

Bulldog Challenge in Charleston!

Last weekend Bobby and some friends participated in the Bulldog Challenge at The Citadel in Charleston. Basically, the Bulldog Challenge is a 6 mile run/obstacle course where you run from event to event with events being things like pull ups, push ups with sandbags, low crawling with sand bags, dragging sand bags through a marsh, tire rolls, etc etc etc... The website is here and they've posted a map if you want to see.



We stayed in Charleston the night before. Kellan says "Look at me! I'm on vacation!"


He's looking ready for race day!


Here the boys are starting off!

You'll have to open these next few pictures up to really see since I couldn't get close enough without being in the way! :) But these people, their team was called Hot Fuzz. Two of them dressed like Mexicans (with ponchos and sombreros) and two dressed like border patrol! Hysterical!

These guys dressed like the guys from The Hangover - complete with baby in Bjorn and satchel.

Headed to the next event!


Those sandbags looked heavy. Glad I wasn't carrying one!


This was the marsh portion. They had to go through the slop with the sandbags. No problem right? Well, no, except that it had been raining for 3 days before that and the marsh had gotten prrreetttty deep!

Like up to Bobby's chest deep.

Even the baby got covered in mud!


Here they come from the marsh!
We didn't make it to all the events since they were so spread out but at least we made it to some.

Finally done!

The Citadel looked like a neat campus, I wish we had more time browse around. But if you were covered in mud, would you want to browse around? Me neither.

Kellan was having a rough nap this day so I threw in the towel and just let him snuggle! I do love to snuggle!

For St. Patrick's Day I made these Guinness cupcakes. They were pretty good! I thought you wouldn't be able to taste the Guinness but you definitely can taste a subtle yeast-y hop-y undertone. The Bailey's in the icing doesn't hurt either.

1 comment:

Kevin and Kristen said...

Christina!!! I miss you so much, lady! And the super cute Kellan and cupcakes don't help either! Kudos to Bobby for being able to finish a competition like that when married to the best "Baker" around! Love you guys!