My great friend Erin got married last weekend in Cleveland. There was no way I was missing that so a road trip was in order! However, road tripping with a 6 month old? Ehhh... not so sure. Luckily he has one of the greatest Grandmas ever and she offered to come watch him for the weekend! Yahoo!
After Bobby found
this (spoof) tourism video (that is NSFW) for Cleveland we were both not sure about how much there would be to do... We were pleasantly surprised!

In front of West Side market

West Side Market is like Great Market Hall in Budapest only much, much smaller. But it was super fun and interesting nonetheless! I wish I lived near something like that.

Cupcakes!

Did you know the house in the Christmas Story is in Cleveland? It is! Here we are in front of it!

And the houses next door... Yikes.

"Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie!" That's my favorite part.
We did not know this but during the month of July the actor who played Randy (Ian Petrella) is living in the house and meeting all the fans! He came a few days early so he was surprising guests. We were surprised!

Here we are with him! Everyone I've told this story to has asked about the leg lamp. There were three leg lamps made for production. Unfortunately, two of them broke during filming and the third belongs to the set designer. So the lamps in the house (and window) are replicas.

Then we went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If I'm honest this was kind of a let down. It just seemed cluttered and not intuitive. But we had fun and enjoyed it nonetheless!

I found a Hungarian restaurant called
Balaton where we ate on Saturday night. It was SO GOOD! It was like being at my house! We even took home 3 desserts!

The ceremony was very beautiful but you know I'm all about the reception! I really liked her choice of table setting.

Me and the Mother of the Bride!

Cutting the cake, one of my favorite parts! The cake was delicious!

Here we are!

The bride and I... I wish I had a picture of us from HS scanned but if you saw it, we look exactly the same! Haven't aged a day! :)
We had such a great time at the wedding and in Cleveland. The area we stayed in was so nice and it was great to a) get away from the heat and b) have some time to ourselves. I did miss my little monster though!
3 comments:
You are too cute with your bunny ears. Hahaha. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Were you upset that Rick Steves didn't have a book for Cleveland? I would have been... ;)
I WAS upset! I forgot how much research you have to do when you don't have Rick telling you "go here... don't go there".
But it was a success anyhow! :)
You looked GREAT, lady! Loved your hair and, as always, loved laughing at your pic comments - having a baby didn't drain any of those "wit" brain cells! Cheers to the both of you for taking a weekend!
Post a Comment