Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas!

I really wanted to get this post up before last night so that it would be in the December file but we started running errands yesterday afternoon and then we started drinking champagne in the living room and then it was all over! Happy New Year!!! :)


I felt much better once we got our Christmas tree up even though it was very late this year. I still need to take pictures of the house and I'm working on it but the dust hasn't settled quite yet!

I wanted to buy a wreath for the door but they wanted 20 bucks at the Christmas tree place! No way! So I asked if I could have some branches off the ground and they said I could take as many as I wanted. So I did! I then went searching for a wreath form but I couldn't find one anywhere so I decided to make this thing instead with random odds and ends I had hanging around.


Bobby decided he would fashion a wreath out of the branches and set to work!



Then it got a bit stressful so he decided to have a drink to take the edge off...


But it ended up coming out really nice! Check it out in the background!



This is our fireplace which we were hoping to use on Christmas day but it was 80 degrees, so no fire for us! It looks a bit bare but between then and now we've gotten a bunch of Christmas cards so it's filled up!



On Christmas Eve I decided to make some Christmas cookies. I think they came out pretty nice! However, it was a bit lonely making them without Stephy and Chris! I haven't made Christmas cookies since the last time I made them with them... I think that was in 2003!


We went out to dinner on Christmas Eve and then decided to come home and get in our jammys and open presents!




Mom always gets Bobby new slippers for Christmas so here he is with them! These are really nice ones!



Here is our Christmas Day dinner, I got a little overzealous with the marshmallows on the sweet potatoes and my marshmallows runneth over... Ah well! We didn't eat until about 4 in the afternoon because we went to church in the morning (well... I use that loosely. We ATTEMPTED to go to church in the morning, someone (me) got the time wrong and we showed up for the last 5 minutes of the only mass... grrrr!) and then came home and put in the turkey!


Bobby is carving the turkey using the electric knife we got last year for Christmas!
Overall we had a good Christmas! It was pretty weird it being just the two of us... and 80 degrees outside... but it was fun and different!
We hope you all (or can I say y'all now?) had a great Christmas and have a very happy New Year!

No comments: