Monday, December 29, 2008

Thanksgiving!

It's been a long time since I uploaded some pictures. Between our trip to NY/NH for Thanksgiving, then moving to Beaufort 3 days after we came back, unpacking, making improvements and then Christmas... whew! I am ready for my long winter's nap now!!


We had a great dinner at Nick and Andi's one of the nights before Thanksgiving. In Bobby's hand is one of Nick's famous, prize winning martinis! This one is a pomegranate martini and they are DEEEELLISH!


Typical picture in my family's album. Everyone chewing, no one looking at the camera.

Wouldn't be a holiday without a push up contest! This year it was to see who could do the most push ups in 1 minute....

... and the action shot. I, having learned from years past, sat this one out. Bobby won this round with 58 push ups in 60 seconds! I have a feeling he will be pretty bummed the day Chris beats him! (Note: This was pre-martinis, Chris I think you have a good chance if you bring up the contest post-martinis!)

Mom and me on Thanksgiving


Apparently Mom was enjoying her cocktail too much to include all of Bobby's head in this picture! Love you Mom!!


The turkey was my job and here I am basting. I was very strict about my every half hour basting. I made the turkey this year with cheesecloth and a butter and wine mixture. It was the best turkey I've made yet!



After NY we went to NH. While we were there we thought, Hey! Let's buy a truck!
So we did!
Actually, it was more like Bobby has wanted one forever and with the American automakers going down the tubes and the end of the year looming we figured we could get a great deal. So we searched around and went to about 8 dealers before finding the perfect truck at the right price at a dealer in Portland, Maine. We bought it and drove it back to NH that afternoon! Then Bobby's parents bought him the Line-X liner for the bed as a Christmas gift so we got that applied and at the end of our time in NH we drove it back to North Carolina!
So far we are loving it! These things are so handy! I completely understand now why people want them. There is no curbside recycling in this county so I loved that I could put all the paper and boxes (and if you've moved with movers you know, there is a TON of paper and a million boxes) in the bed and take it down to the recycling center!
And if you recycle it offsets the carbon footprint of the truck right?? Right??


This is my backyard and what I would have been there for had we gone up for Christmas.... Some Christmas pictures still to come!

No comments: