Saturday, April 25, 2009
Bonjour Paris! Part Four
It's never ending huh?! We took so many pictures!! I'm only picking the good ones too, I swear.
We had to go to the Louvre since it is/was on my bucket list! But you know, I'm going to be the one to say it. No one wants to tell you, no one wants to say it. I'm going to be the honest broker. The Louvre SUCKS. I mean... I shouldn't say it sucks, it's just... not organized well. First of all, they are constantly updating exhibits so nothing is where it says it is on the map. And this place is HUGE. I mean HUGGGGEEEE, so not having an updated map makes for some real issues when you're trying to navigate this place. There's over 30,000 works of art. So, we have the lack of a good map, and to top it off there's only 4 bathrooms and each bathroom has 5 stalls. I went right as we went in and I was #21 in line for the bathroom, and I was in the shortest line. This place is the 2nd most visited museum in the world (the Vatican is first) and it has practically no bathrooms! Ugh!! Oh well, that aside, I did love being there and truthfully, if Bobby wasn't with me, I would have spent 3 full days there and tried to see every thing... and it would have taken me at least 3 days.
Under the pyramid.
Venus De Milo!
There's Mona! I think most people go to see Mona and then leave. Mona is the one thing you simply cannot miss because every 2 steps there's a big sign with an arrow pointing to where Mona is.
The paparazzi around Mona. I think she has more photographers around her than Britney Spears!
Bobby standing near the Holy Grail (see The Da Vinci Code).
While we were walking around the Marais neighborhood we ran into this film crew doing a piece I think on body image for the news. One of the producers approached me and asked if I wanted to be on camera (in French). I told her I don't speak French (in French) and she said "Oh... O.K.!" But I was flattered to be asked, it made me feel like I actually blended with Parisians!
Bobby and I went to dinner at our favorite cafe on Rue Cler and he had the steak tartare! That's raw hamburger meat with spices. It was actually very good! No mad cow yet, so yay!
Afterwards we walked down to the Arc de Triomphe. We decided to see it at night for a different perspective. They have a nice median in the middle of the Champs-Eylsees where you can take a picture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful photos!! I'm jealous, we haven't made it to Europe yet. :-)
Post a Comment