Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cinnamon rolls, Rambo and a Mud Run!

I made cinnamon rolls from scratch the other morning and they were fab! I've always wanted to try and I have to say, they were pretty good. However, they were soooooo heavy that I think I might just stick with Pillsbury!



Kellan enjoyed his...

Kellan has taken to wearing my headbands.

Maybe trying to look like Rambo? Look at the resemblance!
Uncanny!

Bobby called me on Friday morning to say "Soooo, what are we doing tomorrow?" I've been married to him for almost 7 years so I know what this means - I'll need to be patient and flexible! Turns out one of his friends had a team together to do a mud run but at the last minute one guy couldn't make it, so they wanted Bobby to replace him. No problem! Only issue is that it was in Gaston, SC which is about two and half hours away! Yikes! Of course Kellan being the perfect baby he is was AWESOME in the car! He napped on the way and a bit on the way back. He loved being outside and watching what little we could see of the race!

Here is the before.
We really couldn't see much because most of the obstacles were in the woods and the only easily recognizable path was used by competitors. And, as is the case with most of these things, no one knew where the pedestrian/spectator path was. Ugh.

But we did managed to see this part where they jump into a deep pool of muck and swim! Fun!

Then you get to climb up this nice steep mud hill to get out!

We also were able to see the last event, a stretcher carry.

Now they are running to the finish line...

And this is the after...

This run was pretty well organized (minus the uninformed workers) so they even had showers!


Kellan and Dad post-race.



1 comment:

Kevin and Kristen said...

I cannot get over it...Kellan is the CUTEST kid ever!! Well, I guess I should say boy...he truly is the star of your blog! The cinnamon rolls and other baked goods take a close second...no offense Bobby!