Monday, August 18, 2008

California Dreamin'!

After having fun in Lake Tahoe we all traveled to Newport Beach, CA specifically the Balboa Peninsula. We spent a week there and the party rolled on!

The view from the pier.

Julianna quickly spotted a merry go round on the boardwalk and told everyone who would listen that she wanted to go on the horseys. She loved it! This was her first ride but then she went back every day, sometimes twice, to go for rides. There was also a ferris wheel on the boardwalk that was being fixed - too bad because she kept saying "I want to go on the wheel! I want to go on the wheel!"


We took a really nice boat tour of the homes and yachts (yes, yachtS, plural) of the bay. The tour guide said that you cannot buy waterfront property here for less than 7 million bucks! I noticed the Marine Corps flag outside of this house. Clearly this person is above our pay grade.


We went to San Diego one day and had lunch at the Hotel del Coronado. Built in 1888 this hotel was featured in the movie Some Like It Hot! Its stunningly beautiful in person.


We are the ladies who lunch!

On the way home I had to stop at Sprinkles cupcakes. I have heard about these cupcakes, supposedly they are AMAZING. So I bought a dozen and over the next 3 nights we had a cupcake tasting every night. It was great! The chocolate varieties were my favorite - dark chocolate, milk chocolate, mocha. Julianna seems to be enjoying her cupcake!


Kristen I took this picture for you, see how perfectly your bracelet matches Julianna's dress! I had to let her borrow it!

We also went to Sea World! Here is Julianna touching a starfish. Sea World was awesome, you can definitely spend a whole day there!

Going on a ride at Sea World to see the view!

On our last day there we went to Laguna Beach for breakfast and then to an art festival. This was where we ate breakfast! I got some serious french toast!

Overall vacationing without men is pretty enjoyable! We got to do all sorts of things men would hate to do, like go shopping nearly everyday, go to an art festival, have happy hour in lieu of a dinner, and drive out of the way to find good cupcakes! I can definitely see why girls trips are so popular!

No comments: