Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chi-Town!

I could probably break this up into 2 posts but I'm being lazy so this will just be one loooonnnggg post!

I went to Chicago to see Kristen and Mae in town from Okinawa! We had a great time just hanging out and chatting and touring the city and eating!!

The awesome view from our hotel room!

Kristen and Mae at the Field Museum with a U boat in the background.


Deep dish pizza! We went to Giordano's and Oh My God.... there was so much cheese on this pizza it was crazy. It was good but man, I think I'm cured of my deep dish cravings for life!



On the top of the Sears Tower! This was actually the 99th floor, the 103rd floor is closed for construction. They are building this sky deck so you can walk out and it will be clear underneath you... yeah, no thanks! :) The elevator here is so fast that you literally go 10 floors in about 5 seconds. Your ears pop on the way up!


View of Chicago and Lake Michigan, can you believe how blue that water is?? I was stunned!



This is in Millennium Park, the faces on this structure change and water runs down it continually. Then where it looks like there is something on her teeth is a spout and every once in a while it shoots out water! So fun! It was pretty chilly that day though so we didn't wade in.



There is the Bean! Yes, it's just a giant mirrored bean. I suppose it is art.



Taking our picture in the Bean!



Skyline and Bean



We went to the Hershey's store off Michigan Ave. Mae is cautious of the peanut butter cup man!



Our last day there we went on a boat tour of the river and the lake. There is a lock system to get from the river out to the open water of the lake.



They had free cookies and lemonade and coffee and muffins on the boat! The cookies were so good! I should have kept my quart size ziploc bag in my purse so I could have taken some!



Chicago skyline from the water



Skyline view from the river. Check out the parking garage on the left, don't want to back in too far there!



I asked Captain Larry (the boat captain) to take our picture... don't think he had used a digital camera before... This is the first take.


Take two is better!


After the boat ride we dropped Mae off at her Grandma's so Kristen and I could have some laid back time. We went to dinner at the Melting Pot (yum!) and then to the Art Institute, where I FINALLY saw an Andy Warhol!!! All through Europe every Warhol exhibit was closed, I was foiled so many times! But not today!



The top floor of the Art Institute has a great view of the city!
I had such a great time in Chicago! Kristen I miss you so much when you're gone! Hopefully we can do another trip again!


No comments: