I was so looking forward to my cupcake themed baby shower and let me tell you, it did NOT disappoint! The food was amazing, the company was fantastic and I got presents! What a great day!

I took this picture from about 10 different angles to try to get my shadow out of it but alas... I cast a pretty big shadow! :) We had vanilla cupcakes with vanilla
buttercream, chocolate with chocolate
buttercream, gingerbread with lemon cream cheese frosting, and red velvet with plain cream cheese frosting. SO GOOD!!! I think I ate my weight in cupcakes that week!
Mom made these cupcakes cross stitch! Aren't they so cool??
The boys high tailed it out of there pretty quickly!
I had some great surprises! This is my good friend Erin (from behind, I'm sure she loves that angle). She drove all the way from Cleveland just to come to my shower! What a gal!! And my cousin Cili came from Rhode Island! I felt so special!
When it comes to get togethers I'm all about eating first!

Sarah had organized some great games for us. But man were they hard! Turns out I'm completely nursery rhyme inept. I blame it on my father, who often embellished his own words and phrases.
Yay more games!

One of the games was to eyeball and pull off a length of twine that you would guess would go all the way around my belly. Here we are seeing who came the closest. I'm with Phyllis, the winner!, who came about 1 cm off. Amazing!

Erin had almost enough to go around me twice... we are no longer friends. Just kidding!

Look at all those gifts! I'm so spoiled!

My Mom taught me right, gotta read the card first!

This gift was a surprise that came from Kristen all the way from Japan! She's so sneaky! She got me boy and girl things. Erin did too! They must have figured they'd cover both bases!

Julianna was pretty pooped so she hunkered down with a good book.

The next day we went to Lake Placid. Here I am in my 35
ish week glory.

There's something I'll miss - getting help tying my shoes.

It was pretty chilly in Lake Placid that morning, about 35 degrees. Notice the subtle differences in our wardrobes? Bobby was going to go for a run around the village while Mom and I walked around the lake.

Nice clear day near the lake!

One of my favorite things about going home is Nick's martinis and this time I couldn't have any!
Booooo!

Don't worry, Bobby took one (or two) for the team!

Cupcake glasses left over from the shower. I bet you didn't even know they made those!

Chris and I had some fierce Connect Four competition. I beat him so bad... he was a broken boy. He underestimated my Connect Four skills. Little did he know that Erin and I would play Connect Four CONSTANTLY throughout HS. It was legendary. That's
ok though, with enough practice maybe someday he'll beat me... probably not. :)
(to be fair he did win one game... one of like 10)
We had such a great time in NY! On the way home we stopped by Bruce and Patty's in Stafford, VA and Patty made us a great dinner! I didn't take any photos cuz I was tired and having too much fun!
Now we're home. Not sure when our next vacation will be! :)
1 comment:
Great pics, Christina! :) You look so cute!
Post a Comment