Monday, December 21, 2009

Family Christmas tree and the best surprise EVER!!

Last Monday we all ventured out to find the family Christmas tree! Luckily there's a really nice tree lot just down the street with this hard-to-miss landmark!


Kellan looks psyched!

Family photo!


Since I was still in some pain (only 1 week out!) Bobby had to do the majority of the Christmas tree decorating... with my "helpful" tips! ;)


Awake!


Very lovely tree. You did a great job honey!
That night it poured rain with thunder, lightning, the whole bit! We finally settled in bed around 10:30 when the doorbell rang... Who the heck could that be?!
It was MY MOM and my BROTHER!!! They drove the 18 hours from NY to SURPRISE ME! And BOY was I SURPRISED! I was so shocked and so happy and so touched that they put all that effort in to come see us! Unfortunately they could only stay a few days but it was sooo wonderful having them here! I'd say it was the best Christmas present I got but I think Kelly takes that prize for this year... so I'll say it was a close second! :)

This kid is so loved that friends of my Mom make him gifts! Here he is trying on a knit hat!


Just having quality time with Uncle Tom!


And quality time with Nagymama!


And finally resting with Dad after all the excitement.
It was so great to have Mom and Thomas here! We even had a mini-Christmas... so great!
Now Grandma and Grandpa come into town tomorrow!

2 comments:

Stephanie Y. said...

How awesome! I love the surprise. Kellan is the cutest thing ever!!! He looks so sweet. And that last picture you posted makes me get a few tears in my eyes. It's so great.

Chris and Michelle said...

Great family picture! :) You guys look so happy! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!